This poem was composed during the Second World War (1939-1945). When Sheikh Muhammad al-Madani was affected. He headed for Allah, asking Him kindness, generosity, and mercy.
1 – You, the All-Kind with creatures! O Generous! O Benevolent !
2 – You, Giver of all gifts! Other than You, I have no purpose.
3 – Certainly I am a sinner, O indulgent with people !
4 – Grant me, O Master, Your Forgiveness, tomorrow, in the encounter (afterlife).
5 – This world (life During the hardship) is distresses trials, tumult and heartache.
6 – My Lord! Make my inclination conform to the Law of Well-Guided (the prophet (PBUH)).
7 – In these days terrible events look like big waves and mountains !
8 – Creation became victims of resentment and hatred !
9 – My Master! Distract all evil, all corruption from us, O lord.
10 – Preserve Your faithful parish from disbelief and stubbornness.
11 – My Lord! Fulfill my hopes; Protect all your servants.
12 – By the high standing of the best of creation (the prophet (PBUH)) , our Intercessor on the Day of Promise.
13 – Muhammad, Sun of guidance, His family and noble companions !
14 – My wish is that my Lord’s prayer be on him!, The guide of people.
15 – Whenever my hands, in need, reach for Your Largesse…
16 – Answer my request, so that my hopes may be fulfilled!
Yā laṭīfan bi-l-barāyā
1. Yā laṭīfan bi-l-barāyā * yā Karīm yā Jawād
2. Yā mufīḍhan li-l-ʿaṭāyā * mālī ġayruk murād
3. Innanī ʿabdu al-khaṭāyā * yā raʾūfan bi-l-ʿibād
4. Faʿfu ʿannī yā Mawlāya * fī ġadin yawma -l-maʿād
5. Haḏhi d-dunyā balāyā * fitanun tudmī l-fuʾād
6. Fa-ǧʿal yā Rabbī hawāya * tabaʿan li-šarʿi l-Hād
7. Qad badā l-yawma qaḍāyā * ka-l-amwāj wa l-aṭwād
8. Aṣbaḥa l-khalqu ḍaḥāyā * l-il-aġhrāḍi wal-aḥqād
9. Fa-ṣrif ʿannā yā Mawlāya * kulla šarrin wa fasād
10. Wa-ḥfaẓ hātihi r-raʿāyā * mina l-kufri wa-l-ʿinād
11. Wa ḥaqqiq Rabbī rajāya * wa-iḥfaẓ ǧamīʿa l-ʿibād
12. Biǧāhi Khayri -l-Barāyā * Šafīʿī yawma l-maʿād
13. Muḥammadin šamsi l-hidāya * Wa-ṣ-ṣaḥbi l-amǧād
14. Salātu Rabbī Munāya * ʿalayhi Hādī l-ʿibād
15. Mā amtaddat laka yadāya * muḍhṭarran ilā l-imdād
16. Fa-staǧib lī duʿāya * ḥattā yatimma l-murād